A Shorty History of QR Codes
QR code (abbreviation of Quick Response code) is a type of matrix (or two-dimensional code), first designed for the automotive industry. Created by Toyota in 1994 to track vehicles during the manufacturing process. It was designed to allow its contents to be decoded at high speed.
QR Codes can be used to instantly direct your prospect to:
- Your Webpage
- Coupon or ad
- Dial the phone (to your number)
- Show your video
- Use a landing page to do all 4
Age of QR Users
Gender of QR Users
Why Do Consumers Use QR Codes?
QR Code Usuage Growth
Usage has grown much faster since Dec 2010, for example, 14 Million Americans Scanned QR Codes on their Mobile Phones in June 2011.
Continuous Usuage of QR Codes
- 32% of responders have used QR Codes
- 70% Plan to use QR Codes in the future
- 72% of smartphone users "would likely remember an ad with a QR Code in it"